A Clever Monkey and Crocodile-Stories On Digitaledu4kids

A Clever Monkey

The value of the day is having Patience

How many times have you given up when a little more effort, and a little more patience would have achieved success? It is said that patience and perseverance can overcome mountains. Patience is the strength to wait, the ability to endure. Good things come your way only when you move forward positively, and are patient with yourself, your work, and others. It expresses faith in your own ability.

Sometimes, waiting is not easy. But it is always worth it. At times, God may act more slowly than you wish. These are his ways of testing your patience and strength. The stronger you remain, the better are the rewards.

Dear children, never lose patience in adversity. A person, who keeps patience and acts wisely in adversity, comes out of it successfully.

The story

There was a Jamun tree on the bank of a river. The Jamun tree bore sweet fruit. A monkey lived on that tree. A monkey ate a sweet fruit of the tree. There lived a crocodile down in the river. Sometimes, he used to come to the bank of the river. The monkey and the crocodile became friends.

The monkey offered sweet fruit to the crocodile. Eating the sweet fruit the crocodile said, “Friends, the fruits of your Jamun tree are very sweet.

I have never eaten so sweet fruit before.” That day the crocodile took some fruit to his wife. She liked the fruits very much. She asked her husband. “Dear, does your friend monkey eat so sweet fruit daily?” The crocodile said, “ Yes dear, my friend monkey lives on the tree. He eats so sweet fruit daily.”

His wife spoke to him, “Then, his heart must be sweeter. Bring me his heart. I like to eat his tasty heart.” The crocodile said, “” Dear, he is my friend. How can I deceive him? I cannot bring you his heart.” His wife became angry and spoke,” I will eat nothing unless you bring his heart. I would rather starve than eat something else.”

The crocodile went to his friend Monkey to bring his heart. Reaching the bank of the river, he called the monkey, “Friend, my wife has invited you to dinner today. She has prepared delicious food for you.” The monkey said, “But I do not know how to swim? How can I go with you?”

The crocodile said, “I will carry you on my back.”

The monkey sat on the back of the crocodile. The crocodile swam fast. After going away from the bank, the crocodile spoke, “Friend, I am not taking you to dinner. My wife says that she will eat nothing unless she eats the heart of the sweet fruit eater. She would rather die of hunger.”And it is you who can save her life.” The monkey looked through the trick of the crocodile. He was very clever. He did not lose his patience even in adversity. Within a moment, he thought out a plan to save himself. He spoke, “Friend, why did you not tell me before? I always keep my heart in the tree for its safety. Take me back immediately. I will give you my heart. You feed it to your wife.”

The foolish crocodile relied on the monkey’s words and swam back to the Jamun tree. The next moment the monkey jumped up from his back climbed up the tree and spoke, “O wicked fellow, and you are not only a betrayer but also a fool. Don’t you know that nobody can keep his heart in a tree? From today, I break the friendship with you. Never come to this way in the future.”

The crocodile was ashamed of his wickedness and betrayal. He went away with his head down.

Note:

A person, who keeps patience and acts wisely in adversity, comes out of it successfully.

Read more about Digital Content

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Independence Day 2023: Long & Short Speech in English

Future of Digital Education for Kids

The Wet Pants Stories on Digitaledu4kids